Proper hydration isn’t only about drinking a certain number of cups of water per day. It’s about creating positive effects on your mental and physical performance. Recent research shows up to 75 percent of Americans are in a chronic state of dehydration, which means they’re missing out on the health-giving benefits of water.
Some facts to consider:
• The average person’s body weight is more than 50 percent water. A proper hydration level is crucial to maintaining body temperature and eliminating waste.
• Staying hydrated also lubricates organs, metabolizes fat, cushion joints and removes unhealthy toxins.
• The leading cause of daytime fatigue is mild dehydration.
• Dehydration can also lead to muscle weakness, cramping, problems with coordination and increased risk of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
• Despite being made of water, coffee, tea and sodas also contain caffeine. The diuretic effect of caffeine can prevent water from traveling to vital parts of the body.
• A one-time purchase of a Nalgene water bottle (approximately $10) can save hundreds of dollars per year, providing a portable, efficient hydration solution.
• Water filters remove more dangerous contaminants than any other purification method.
• Americans drink more than 39 billion bottles of water per year. A majority of these bottles are not recycled.
• The only proven way to ensure contaminant-free water is through the use of a water filter.
• Brita® Hydration Stations® are certified to remove lead and cysts from municipal drinking water. One unit reduces up to 36,000 bottles a year.
While away from home, you are faced with many options for hydration, including bottled water, drinking fountains and hydration stations providing clean, filtered water.
Brita® Hydration Stations® are a trusted solution in hydration needs for offices, universities and athletic facilities across the country.
See our collection of products today.